The Best Grocery Delivery Service in Houston
The Top Ten Largest Cities by population ranks Houston as number four on that list.
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Jose
Over 6 Million people call Houston, Texas, home with millions living in cities that are close to the border of Houston like Katy, Sugarland, The Woodlands, and Pearland, to name a few. If you reside in Houston, you have a few choices for grocery delivery service in Houston. Let’s break down what your options are and who to use.
- Groceries Today found at www.IDeliverGroceries.today offers personal valet shopping of ANY LIST at ANY STORE you choose between 9 AM-9 PM, 365 Days A Year based out of Houston, Texas in the memorial area officing out of the top floor of City Centre One. Some of the brands shopped daily by Groceries Today for Houston grocery delivery are HEB, Kroger, Specs, Walgreens, Walmart, Office Depot, Sams, Sprouts, Aldi, CVS, Costco, Target, Trader JOe’s, Whole Foods, Randalls, Food Town, Rice Epicurean, Fiesta, Seller Bro’s, Joe V’s, Central Market, Total Wine & More, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, PetSmart, LaMichocana, HMart, and 99 Ranch Mart. The most valuable and impressive part of using Groceries Today for your Houston grocery delivery is that once you connect and find a personal shopper you like, you can keep that same shopper and use them exclusively at ANY STORE you need to shop for ANY LIST. It is truly a personal shopper experience without the Rolls Royce price tag you would expect for such an individual, attentive shopping service that is catered to you personally. This is our favorite by far and the best Houston grocery delivery company.
- Walmart, our nation’s retailer, offers grocery delivery in Houston the same day within two hours for an additional $17.95. The drawback here is that Walmart is not delivering your groceries. They have a distribution network consisting of the following four companies at the time of this blog post. Point Pickup, Skip Cart, Axle Hire & Roadie are the companies that would handle your grocery delivery and deliver your items similar to using a pickup and delivery service to transport something you would need to deliver. One other issue I found was when I tried to get a specific seasoning that was carried in-store, it wasn’t available to be shipped/delivered. After further investigation, it is correct that not all items sold in-store at Walmart can be ordered through the online portal. https://www.walmart.com/grocery Getting the same shopper to provide your grocery delivery in Houston or anything specific is a no go, and you are stuck with an assembly line process.
- Instacart offers delivery from thirteen brands for Houston grocery delivery services, consisting of the following: Kroger, Specs, Sams, Sprouts, Aldi, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Foodtown, Rice Epicurean, Petco, PetSmart, LaMichocana and HMart. The most shocking fact when researching was the price gouging instacart is doing by being a grocery delivery service in Houston. The price you would pay if you went to any of the above thirteen stores is not the same price you would pay if ordering the same items through Instacart at www.instacart.com when you need a Houston grocery delivery. The 15-80% markup of items is shocking but understood since for a company to be in business, they must be profitable. Just recently, Instacart was valued at 18 billion dollars for that very reason. To use Instacart, you must purchase a yearly membership on top of the middleman prices.
- Shipt comes in on our list for Houston grocery delivery. Find Shipt at shipt.com. Acquired by Target in 2017 for 550 million, Shipt delivers for Target, 99 Ranch Mart, Central Market, Food Town, CVS, Joe V’s, Kroger, Office Depot, and Petco. With Shipt, you can have a conversation with your shopper similar to Groceries Today at the top of our list, however, getting the same shopper a second time is where playing the lottery comes into play. Like Instacart, you must either buy a membership or pay an additional $10 a shopping trip on top of the market-up prices explained in the fine print. The difference between Instacart and Shipt is that you can elect to pay $10 for a one-time fee versus being forced into buying a yearly membership.
- Favor who you might be familiar with if you ever ordered food from a local Houston favorite like Luby’s or Torchy’s Tacos for delivery. This company found at https://favordelivery.com/ is a grocery delivery service in Houston for HEB, Fiesta, and Pet Supplies Plus here in Houston when you need Houston grocery delivery services. When using favor, here is how the service makes money. First is a delivery fee, which according to HEB, is $9.98 plus a mandatory tip of $10 minimum for the runner on top of up to 16% service fee of your total order placed for Houston grocery delivery.
- Coming in last but not least is an old favorite from my childhood, many of us Americans may have forgotten about or never heard of Schwan’s Schwan’s home delivery service. Decades before any of the above companies were even thinking of being created or offering home delivery, Schwan’s was driving freezer trucks door to door delivering meals all across America since 1952. To this day, The Schwan family still operates Schwan’s legacy home delivery business. As a Houston grocery delivery service, Schwans provides delivery for Randalls & Joe V’s as its initial offering into the Houston grocery delivery market.
In summary, unless you use a personal valet type shopping service like Groceries Today which originated in Houston, be prepared to pay higher than expected for items. In addition, have a different person deliver your shopping list every time and plan on using multiple companies when you need to hire a grocery delivery service in Houston to fulfill your shopping needs. It’s no secret, Groceries Today, locally-owned and operated is your best Houston grocery delivery service to shop for ANY LIST at ANY STORE and have delivered TODAY!